Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Troodon

Troodon
Name means: Wounding tooth

Weight: 130 lbs. (60 kg)
Length: 6.5 ft. (2 m)
Diet: carnivore or omnivore ( meat eater or both plant and meat eater)
When: 65-75 million years ago
Where : western N. America and Alberta
Prey: mammals and small dinosaurs
Basic info: This dinosaur of the cretaceous era could possibly have had the largest brain to body ratio of any other dinosaur. For a long period of time all that was known of this animal was a single tooth... Teeth which confuse scientists. They are serrated, but could possibly have been used to eat plants. Troodon's eyes face forward a little bit. this means that it could have single vision and have some depth perception. Alone troodon wouldn't have been able to take down large prey, but in a pack they would have probably been able to take down a full grown hadrosaur.

2 comments:

argon(one) said...

I love your blog. I'm really glad you have decided to share your knowledge of dinosaurs with the rest of us. I have already added you to my list of favorites on my own blog.

Since the Troodon has serrated teeth, I'm thinking that it was a full-time carnivore and a part-time herbivore (just eating plants when it had too . . . or as a dietary supplement for digestive reasons). It's a pretty cool-looking little dinosaur. I was not familiar with the Troodon . . . until now. Thanks.

jpfreak said...

Thanks for the info. thats pretty smart thinkin'. By the way I know who u are from description, anyway make sure to send this blog to your friends.