Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tarbosaurus

Tarbosaurus
Name means: Terror lizard

Weight: 4-5 tons
Length: 32.5 ft ( about 10 m)
Diet: carnivore ( yes, people it eats meat)
When: 65-75 million years ago
Where: Mongolia & china
Prey: Saurolophus
Basic info: Say hello to the Mongolian T-Rex. When this dinosaur was found it was actually thought to be a juvenile Tyrannosaurus. Until an actual juvenile T-Rex was found then they knew it was a totally different animal. Tarbosaurus is a smaller than T-Rex, but shared many features with T-Rex, like short arms, and powerful jaws. A large head, 2 powerful legs, and teeth up to 7 in long make this large predator a force to be reckoned with.

2 comments:

argon(one) said...

Have you been to the Field Museum in Chicago? My daughter went up there with her Girl Scout Troop several years ago to see Sue, then we took a family vacation to Chicago, so all of us got to see the T-rex. It's huge! The Tarbosaurus is smaller, but I'll bet it could really do some damage!

jpfreak said...

no, I haven't but it sounds cool. I hope I can go there sometime. I've read so much about sue and would really love to see it!